She suggested that I write guest posts for each of ten stops. I decided to make them kind of "mini-lessons" on the 1920s - hopefully not dry lessons, but interesting little facts and tidbits. They are, in a way, linked; if you are curious, you might want to read them in sequence.
|Sybil's pants! Downton Abbey|
1. Alice Marvels blog - How the "Great War" (World War 1) led directly into the Roaring Twenties.
2. Mod Podge Bookshelf - Women's Suffrage in 1920 and those awful corsets (gone forever, we hope.)
3. Rebecca's Book Blog - Women's fashion in the 1920s (one of my favorite subjects): Coco Chanel and those sweet slinky styles.
|One of the best clubs of the '20s|
5. Reading Teen - Prohibition! Or...why speakeasies were also called "blind pigs."
6. Little Library Muse - Gangsters may be cool but really...not. And their molls lived equally short lives.
7. Mundie Moms - There was a Wall Street bombing in 1920? Yes, and the similarities are uncanny.
9. The Book Rat - All that jazz. Satchmo and more. Yeah, baby.
10. Pieces of Whimsy - The Gatsby itself: Scott and Zelda, the novel, the times.
I hope you enjoy these "histories" because I had fun putting them together!
And if you like 1920s fashion, as I do, check out this cool video: