Saturday, March 14, 2009

Book Review

Need Need by Carrie Jones


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
When I first started to read this book, I thought, ‘Uh-oh. Another of those single-name books about a virginal girl who heads north, falls in love with a beyond-handsome guy who happens to be, well (not to give anything away), different, is threatened by non-human beings, and never solves a real problem.' I was deeply delighted to discover how wrong I was, and how much I enjoyed this thrilling novel. For one thing, the protagonist is a winning character with a desire to save the world (unusual in fantasy), and for another, there are plenty of twists and turns and subplots to keep the reader guessing. I especially enjoyed Jones's use of various phobias as a plot thread, and the slightly unresolved ending is intriguing. A wonderful book that I had to finish reading in the daylight because the scary bits were impressively scary.


View all my reviews.

No comments: