Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Update on Library-Loving Blog Challenge


First, I want to thank Jenn Hubbard, who was the lead and inspiration for the library-loving blog challenge - what a great idea, and so timely and needed.

Second, I want to thank everyone who commented on my posts during the challenge. Your effort is the reason I gave a check today to the College Station Public Library (aka - the Larry J. Ringer Public Library.)

Here's a photo I took on this glorious spring afternoon, just after I walked in and gave a very surprised and pleased librarian my check. She was all smiles. (I couldn't take her picture, because cell phones aren't allowed inside the library. Shhh.) I noticed that the only receipt she had was a form that tallied overdue notices, and lost and damaged books, and she had to add in the blank at the bottom "donation." That observation gave me pause.

Public libraries are open to everyone. You don't have to pay to get a library card. You don't have to wear fancy clothes to enter a library. You don't have to give them money. You just have to want to read.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*Happy sniffle*

--Jenn Hubbard