Thursday, December 26, 2013

Ring Out The Old

Some thoughts on the year just passing…

…for the first time in three years I did not launch a book…

…my first little non-fiction GET ORGANIZED is now in six languages and at least as many countries and still sells at an amazing rate…

…my second novel – my middle child, FORGIVEN – has gone out of print…

…but her sisters are selling well, with FAITHFUL in its third, maybe fourth, printing…

…I’ve parted company with my wonderful agent of eight years, amicably, but with great sadness…

…I have steadfast fans who write me beautiful notes, and I treasure them and their words…

…I have a critique circle of people gifted with keen insight and brutal honesty…

…I’m lucky to have the freedom to write every day in a place of perilous beauty…

…I’m writing projects that bring me such joy that there are days when it’s hard to stop working.

The writing life is refuge and terror, both. It is euphoria and heartbreak. I would not trade it for anything, though some years may be more euphoric, or more heartbreaking, than others.


I wish for you a rich and rewarding 2014 with as much euphoria as you can stand.



No comments: